Twitch is a very large platform with millions of users. You can follow the streamers you like and unfollow them. With such a large number of people, thousands of viewers and streamers are chatting and interacting with each other whether it is during their stream or they are not streaming. But things never go smoothly always. The people differences bring issues, and it can be verbal harassment, too, because some people start awry conversations. There can also be other reasons. For example, someone uses offensive comments while you were streaming. So, you left with the only option that remained to use twitch peacefully.
However, if you feel uncomfortable after blocking someone, or you have blocked someone accidentally, then you have an option to unblock someone. Blocking is a bit easy while unblocking seems to be tricky. Here is a complete guide for blocking and unblocking someone on twitch.
Can we block someone on twitch?
Indeed, most of the streamers are not liked by viewers, but viewers are also not picked by the streamers. To get rid of them, we can block them. Twitch provides tools and many ways to stop someone.
What happens after blocking someone?
When we block someone on twitch number of actions takes place:
- That person got removed from our friend list as well as from our followers right after blocking.
- The person will not be able to send you a friend request or follow you again.
- The person will not be able to find you on twitch and will not host you as well.
- That person will not be able to send whispers and messages.
- That person will not be able to send you messages.
- That person will not be able to purchase gifts subs.
How to block someone on twitch:
There are several ways to block someone on twitch, whether you are a streamer or a viewer.
Block using twitch website:
- Open the twitch official website www.twitch.tv and sign in using your username and password.
- Open the channel you want to watch.
- In the stream, chat scroll the mouse to search the user you want to block.
- Click on the user, a pop up for the overview of the profile will appear. Click on the three dots present vertically.
- Their many options will be shown; click on the block option.
- There, a popup will appear to want our confirmation for blocking; click on the block.
- As a result, the user with all of his messages in the chat will disappear.
Block someone on android:
- Open the twitch app from your mobile.
- Log into your account and go to the channel you want to stream.
- At the bottom right of the screen, there will be the chat box option.
- Click on the username you want to block.
- From the menu on the side, tap on the block option.
- A popup will appear that will ask for reason and confirmation for blocking.
- Select any reason and tap on the block.
- The user will be blocked.
Block someone on twitch IOS:
- Open the twitch app and sign in to your twitch account.
- Go to the channel you want to stream, open the chat box on the right bottom of the screen and search the user you wish to block.
- Tap on the user you want to block; a pop window will appear to click on the block.
- Again, a popup will appear; click on the icon to block the user permanently.
Use of block commands:
Using the block commands directly in the chat stream is also a quick way to block someone.
- Log in to account.
- Go into the menu.
- On the chat box, type /block <name>, type the user’s name you want to block in place of the name. This will stop the user directly.
Block by username search:
It is also possible to block the users by using the search tab. For this purpose, open the twitch app and log in. On the main screen, the list of followed channels will appear, there the tab for searching the user will be present at the bottom. Enter the name of the user in the bar you want to block. There will be appeared the number of users; select the user you wish to block. This will lead directly to the chat box. Open the user and menu on his profile. Click the block option, confirm the blocking in the popup window. The user will be blocked.
Block followers on Twitch:
Our followers also irritate us; even if they are blocked by one account, they use another account to troll streamers. There should be an option for the streamers to block such followers, but unfortunately, twitch does not provide any option. Streamers can only block follower via chat.
But twitch does provide another solution for this problem. Using the mod follower only, you can restrict some of your followers for 3 minutes to three months. To activate this mode, go to the setting of the chat and click on the cogwheel icon. It can be activated by giving the command of /followers 30 minutes or /followers three months and can be disabled any time by giving the order of /followers off.
Block twitch channels:
To block the twitch channels, one needs to install an extension in our mobiles or our pcs named “hide unwanted streams on twitch”. After installing it, its menu will appear on the twitch application. To block any channel, open the channel and tap on the block button overlayed by the extension. The channel will be blocked, and the content of that channel will disappear until we unblock it.
Manage the block list:
Every twitch user takes care of his privacy and can manage the control of his channel. In the channel settings, a list of blocked people and channel will be present. From there, you can unblock the selected channels or users you want to.
How to unblock someone on twitch?
Blocking someone is much easier than unblocking. Unblocking is a little bit complicated. For the recent block, we can click again on the card of the blocked user to unblock him. But this is effective only for the recently blocked users.
But if a person is blocked for a long time ago, we do not receive their messages, so we have lost the option to click on their name. If we remember their name, we can easily search for them and unblock them. But if we do not retain, there is another way to unblock them. Here we tell all the methods that can help you to unblock someone on twitch:
Unblock using twitch app:
Unblocking a user using the twitch application is the simplest method. The app is easily available on google play and the apple store. And their interfaces are almost the same. But for android, we cannot find unblock option in the settings like IOS devices. So here are the different methods for both:
Unblock on IOS device:
- Open the twitch app on an IOS device.
- On the left side of the main screen, you will see an icon for a profile with purple and white colour.
- Click on that icon.
- After clicking, you will find many options; from there, click on account settings.
- From the account setting, tap on the security and privacy.
- Scroll in the section on security and privacy; you will find an option of blocked users at the bottom from there.
- Tap on the blocked users.
- This section will contain the list of all the blocked users that you have blocked.
- For each blocked user, you find an unblock option.
- Click on the unblock button. A popup will be shown, which will grant our confirmation to unblock. Click on unblock.
- The user you have unblocked will no longer present in the list of blocked users. This shows that you have unblocked them and can interact with them, follow them and befriend them again.
Unblock using the android device:
For Android device, you will not find any option to unblock users under privacy and security settings. On Android devices, we can block and unblock someone directly in the chat stream.
- Log into the twitch app using your username and password.
- Open the stream chat.
- Find the name of the person you want to unblock.
- There on his profile pop, it will be shown that you have blocked him with an option for unblocking.
- Click on the unblock option. Pop for the confirmation will appear for clearing.
- Click unblock; you will unblock the user and can interact with him again.
- You can also use the command version to unblock. By typing /unblock<name>, input the name of the person at the place of the name. It will unblock directly.
Another quick option for unblocking an android device is using a third-party application named https://t.3v.fi/ t.3v.fi; here are the steps to unblock someone utilizing this application.
- Open the https://t.3v.fi/ and sign in via twitch.
- Give the username and password of twitch and sign in.
- After signing in, a list of blocked users will appear that were blocked by you.
- An option of cross sign “X” will appear in front of each blocked user.
- Click on that sign to unblock the user.
- If you cannot use either of the methods for unblocking on android, you always have an option to unblock using the twitch website.
Unblock using twitch website:
Twitch applications have fewer features than twitch tv. Any person who has a twitch account on a twitch application can log into the twitch website using his username and password. Here are some steps to unblock someone on twitch:
- Log in to www. twitch—tv using username and password.
- Click on the profile icon present in the upper right corner.
- After clicking, you will find a dropdown menu; from there, click on settings.
- From the upper tab of settings, select security and privacy.
- From the privacy and security, there you will find a section for privacy. In the privacy, section click on the blocked users.
- After clicking, a list of users will appear that you have blocked. Each user will have a delete icon in front of him/her.
- Tap on that delete icon to unblock the user.
- After clicking on the delete option, the person will disappear from the blocked user’s list; it shows that you have successfully unblocked him/her.
- That person will also be unblocked on the twitch app because the twitch website and application work sync.
- You can interact with that unblocked person again.
Unblock someone on twitch whisper:
Twitch give us an option to block all the whispers from strangers. By selecting that option, no stranger can send us whispers again. To unblock those whispers, here is the method:
- Sign in to the twitch app using android or IOS. Or using the website twitch. tv.
- On the app, you will find a profile icon on the upper left corner, while on the website, it is present on the upper right side.
- Click on that icon and select Settings from the dropdown menu on both the application and website both.
- From settings, go to the security and privacy option and select it.
- You will see an option “block whispers from the strangers” disable that option on the website or application.
- After disabling, you can receive whispers from strangers.
if a person is teasing us and getting on our nerves, we can easily block him. Twitches provide us with all the suitable options to use it peacefully. Whether it is about followers or streamers or getting whispers from strangers, twitch gives full authority and options to control them. And for unblocking, one can easily unblock them via settings. But for android, there are also other ways to unblock.
Twitch cares for its users, whether it is a viewer or a streamer. And puts effort to control unpeaceful activities, blocking someone is the best option given by twitch to prevent harassment.
I hope this article has helped you in blocking and unblocking users. Give us your regards.
Can we block someone on twitch?
Yes, of course, twitch gives you plenty of options for blocking those who are abusing you and taking care of its users’ peace.
Why unblocking on android is difficult?
Unfortunately, for the long-termed blocked contacts unblocking on android is difficult because you do not remember their name, and twitch only provides unblock option in the chat box. But many alternatives can be used for clearing on twitch, as discussed earlier.
Will someone know if I unblock them on twitch?
No, twitch does not send any confirmation messages to them for unblocking.